- Permanent, full time role
- Campbell location
- Free parking
HIA is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. The organisation operates across a diverse range of activities including a variety of commercial businesses, member servicing functions, and policy and lobbying initiatives.
We are currently seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance Team located at our National Office in Campbell. This role has a strong focus on preparing timely and accurate Monthly and Annual Financial Reports.
Key responsibilities include:
- assist with the preparation, review and analysis of monthly financial reports
- assist with preparation for the annual audit and statutory accounts
- monthly reconciliation of a variety of balance sheet accounts
- prepare a range of accruals for inclusion in the month-end reporting process
- assist with the preparation of the annual budget and reforecast
- involvement in taxation reporting including GST and FBT
- provide assistance and support to the Accounting team including payroll accounting for the HIA Apprentices business, ad hoc reporting, accounts payable and receivable duties as required.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a degree level qualification in accounting and working towards CA/CPA qualification.
- have a good understanding of accounting concepts
- possess strong problem solving skills
- have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- have experience in working in a team environment.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section of our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining the HIA team and believe that you could excel in this position then please submit your application by 23 March 2020 by clicking on the link to apply.