- Full time, permanent role
- National organisation
- Friendly, supportive environment
The Housing Industry Association is Australia's peak residential building industry body. One of HIA’s primary roles is to provide advice to our members in specialty fields. We are currently seeking to an Assistant Director – Planning & Building to support our WA members with information and advice in areas relating to building, planning, land development and environmental issues. The position is located in our WA regional office at Osborne Park.
Key responsibilities include:
- providing technical advice to members on building regulations and standards, approval requirements, building product, material and construction advice
- providing general planning advice on codes and approvals
- representing HIA on a range of government and external committees and forums relevant to technical issues affecting the housing industry
- developing and delivering content for member trade nights and other technical presentations
- researching and preparing written submissions and technical articles
- coordination of the WA Regional Technical Committee
To be successful in this role you will be a motivated, well organised individual who enjoys working within a service based team.
The successful applicant will have:
- a technical background in building and construction with appropriate qualifications in a building related discipline
- a thorough knowledge and understanding of the standards, practices and regulations relevant to the building industry such as the Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- experience in preparing technical reports and written submissions
- excellent research, negotiation and advocacy skills
- sound computer skills using Microsoft Office software
- a current driver’s licence
A full job description can be found in the Careers section on our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles, HIA Telecommunications and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team please submit your application by 7 October 2019 by clicking on the link to apply.