- North Hobart location
- National, NFP Organisation
- Part time, permanent role
The Housing Industry Association is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. We are currently seeking an Events Assistant to join our team located in our Hobart office. This is a part time, permanent role working 30.4 hours per week. The primary focus of this role is to assist in the development and delivery of a relevant and profitable events program for Tasmania.
The key responsibilities of this position are to assist with the coordination, organisation and running of all regional events including the Housing Awards program, Business Partners program, Trade events, Industry outlook breakfasts, HIA HOMEFEST and other events.
- Assist with the coordination, organisation and running of all regional events
- Identify suitable venues, select and negotiate prices for catering, audio visual and entertainment etc. in conjunction with the Event & Partnership Manager where necessary.
- Contact potential members who haven’t registered for events.
- Handle queries regarding upcoming events.
- Preparation of event flyers and invitations where necessary.
- Undertake registrations, allocation of CPD points and invoicing of guests and partners of regional events in IMIS.
- Assist with the coordination of entrants folios, liaise and arrange judge’s duties and timelines, coordinate all winners’ plaques and media kits for production time lines.
- Event administration including preparation of sign in sheets, name badges, place cards and table signs where necessary.
- Liaise with key stakeholders for events including partners, venues, guests and production consultants.
- Assist in the delivery of partnership agreements relating to events in the region.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Highly developed organisation skills and the ability to handle conflicting priorities
- Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
- The capacity for out of hours attendance at events
- A current driver’s license
- Ability to use CRM and to be trained in line with HIA protocols
- Database management skills
The successful applicant will be committed to deadlines and have recent experience in a similar role.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section of our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining the HIA team and believe that you could excel in this position then please submit your application by 23 March 2020 by clicking on the link to apply.