- Exciting opportunity to start your career in graphic design
- Macquarie Park location
- Part time role, working 20 hours per week
- Fixed term contract for 6 months
The Housing Industry Association is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. We are currently seeking to appoint a Junior Graphic Designer to join our team. This role is part time, working 20 hours per week. This role is a fixed term position for 6 months.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide high quality graphic design services to the Housing Industry Association and support the maintenance of HIA branding and corporate identity across various platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support in the development of promotional literature including but not restricted to HIA publications, regional flyers, regional event and training promotional deliverables
- Assist with business development initiatives including the development of professional promotional material (e.g. presentations, literature)
- Assist with maintaining HIA material including:
- Design & brand integrity to ensure a consistent look and feel to fit within HIA’s corporate identity;
- general development
- As a part of the Marketing Communications team contribute to the development of web and e-mail based communication strategies to members
- Mixture of template based work with design opportunities for larger jobs – we’re looking for a designer’s eye not a finished artist.
You will require:
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team and take direction when needed
- High degree of creativity with proven design skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Exposure either academically or commercially to:
- InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Word & Powerpoint)
- Video editing skills
- An understanding of the processes involved with:
- Finished Print Design and roll out
- Document design, layout, typesetting and effective typography
- The ability to work creatively within the parameters of brand guidelines
A full position description can be found in the Careers section of our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application by clicking on the link to apply before 17 February 2020.