- Full time, permanent role
- Friendly, supportive environment
- Hindmarsh location
The Housing Industry Association is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. Our primary role is to represent and advance the interests of our members. HIA has an opportunity for an experienced Manager - Building (Technical) Services.
The purpose of this role is to provide information, advice and assistance to members, senior management and other stakeholders in areas relating to National Construction Codes, building regulations, building codes and standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitors and reviews changes in building, planning and environmental legislation and policy that affects the housing industry
- Provide research, policy and advocacy programs relating to residential building, sustainability issues and other matters
- Assists in the design and execution of advocacy strategies including research reports, submissions, letters, media releases, presentations and meetings.
- Initiates and maintains high level services and relationships with key builders and developers in the region
- Works with other regional service staff to ensure high level member support and communication
- Attends and presents at various HIA events, trade nights and awards
To be successful you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications in a building related discipline
- Sound understanding of the residential building industry
- Extensive knowledge of building industry practises and regulatory documents
- Knowledge of the South Australian building industry and have established networks/contacts within the sector
- Working knowledge of SA’s planning system would be viewed favourably, in particular likely outcomes from current planning reform – Our New System
- Excellent organisational ability and ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent networking and communication skills and capacity to handle key relationships
- Well-developed research and report writing skills
- Computer literate and capable with on-line research tools and the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to build rapport with HIA members and industry stakeholders in prosecuting HIA policies
- A strong service culture, and be able to work in an unsupervised capacity with the ability to balance and respond flexibly to competing demands.
- Current driving licence
A full job description can be found in the Careers section on our website, hia.com.au
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team please submit your application by 14 October 2019 by clicking on the link to apply.