- Osborne Park location
- Full time, fixed term role
- Work with a Leading Industry Association
- Interesting, varied work
HIA is the official body of Australia’s home building industry. We proudly represent the interests of the housing industry at regional and national levels. Our extensive membership program supports residential builders, trade contractors, developer, design professionals, kitchen and bathroom specialists, manufactures and suppliers. We have been supporting the Australian home building industry for more than 72 years.
We are looking to appoint a proactive team member to join our WA team in a full time, fixed term role for 4 months. The Media Adviser will create and co-ordinate distribution of content for HIA across both earned and owned media channels in support of advocacy and commercial objectives. This role ensures HIA messaging is consistent and leverages communications assets for greater reach and impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, create and edit content for broadcast and publication in existing owned media including member publications, podcasts and social media platforms.
- Support proactive and reactive media opportunities for earned media (eg. press releases, opinion pieces, social media content)
- Repurposes content assets across different platforms in coordination with local and national business units
- Closely liaise with national marketing and digital team as well as policy and economics to coordinate activity, generate new content for hia.com.au and align with HIA standards.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience working in media and communications, newsroom experience highly regarded.
- Excellent time management and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating and distributing content via social media and eDMs.
- Must work well autonomously and in a distributed team environment.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section on our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles, HIA Telecommunications and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team please submit your application by 3 August 2020 by clicking on the link to apply.