- Based in Hindmarsh, parking available
- Full time, permanent role
- Part time, contract opportunities may also be available
The Housing Industry Association is Australia's peak residential building industry body, providing member services, industry advocacy and training for a range of building trade qualifications.
HIA are currently seeking a Trainer/Assessor to deliver accredited training. Programs include a range of skill levels, from VET in schools and Apprentices to Builders licensing. This position is ideal for someone with an interest in an opportunity to develop the next generation of tradespeople. Applicants must be experienced with delivering flexible learning programs to a range of learners, and be able to participate in the design of industry responsive training.
The successful candidate must have well developed communication skills, be able to work as part of a small team, and be flexible in completing a range of related administrative and reporting tasks. This role offers variety and challenge, and continuous contact with industry and association members. It is an opportunity to contribute to future growth of the training business, and to enjoy ownership of the training programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of training and assessment (as well as RPL) to participants
- Ensure the quality of training and assessment complies with HIA’s Registered Training Organisation requirements and the Standards for RTO’s 2015, regulated by ASQA
- Marking and submitting assessment results according to HIA policies and procedures
- Delivery of support sessions to participants to assist with their learning pathway
- Contribute to the development and validation of course materials, as required
- Liaise with other HIA Trainers/Assessors in relation to ongoing HIA continuous improvement and product review
- Monitor, evaluate and report on progress to the regional training team/s as required
- Engage in industry forums to inform and promote HIA’s training activities
- Participate in regular VET and Industry professional development, as required, to maintain currency as an approved Trainer/Assessor
- Other duties as required to contribute towards the running of a profitable and compliant business unit.
- Assist with review of applications/matrices and mentoring for new trainer/assessors that are contracted with HIA
The successful applicant will require:
- Relevant qualifications in Training and Education (Current TAE40110 / TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment or higher)
- Relevant qualifications in Building and Construction (CPC40110 Cert IV Building and Construction (Building) or able to demonstrate equivalency,CPC50210 Diploma Building and Construction (Building) or able to demonstrate equivalency, etc)
- An understanding of the VET sector and training packages, particularly the CPC Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package 05/09/19
- An understanding or willing to obtain an understanding of the VET funding environment
- Well-developed administrative and technical skills
- Communication skills to build and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders
- An understanding of a variety of delivery methods would be beneficial
A full job description can be found in the Careers section on our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles, HIA Telecommunications and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team please submit your application by 10 February 2020 by clicking on the link to apply.