- Leading National Industry Association
- Professional, supportive team environment
- Permanent, full-time role located at our Canberra Office
- Based in the prestigious Hotel Realm district, with free underground parking
The Housing Industry Association is Australia's peak private sector building industry body, representing builders, trade contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and related industry participants. As a national industry organisation, HIA's primary role is to represent and advance the interests of its members.
The Events and Partnership Coordinator develops and delivers a profitable events and partnership program for the ACT and Southern NSW region.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage, promote, and ensure the profitability of HIA’s Event Program in line with budgetary targets;
- Manage the relationship with existing partners of HIA to ensure continued partnering of HIA Events;
- Secure and deliver new partnership revenue to ensure a continued profitable events, communications, and publications revenue pipeline;
- Identify cross promotional opportunities through partnership discussions and sell / upgrade partner agreements accordingly.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth across events, partnerships, publications, communications and HIA products, and facilitate these initiatives;
- Develop and implement a communications strategy with national marketing and communications team to ensure effective promotion of HIA events;
- Work to enhance use of social media to promote and highlight the success of HIA events and partnerships;
- Organise pre and post Award media and communications, including press, and other forms of medium to be negotiated (television and radio);
- Manage, expand, promote, and deliver HIA’s Housing Kitchen and Bathroom Awards, including the coordination of entries, judging and event management;
- Manage and deliver a range of regional events including trade nights, breakfasts, luncheons, awards ceremonies and golf days, and additional events as required;
- Develop and deliver annual partnership and events budgets;
- Provide ongoing financial management including maintaining accurate and reliable accounts receivable and payable details to enable monthly reporting;
- Work collaboratively with national event and other state managers and coordinators to improve processes and relationships, and to grow the HIA brand; and
- Build and maintain strong relationships with venue partners and hosts.
To be successful, you will require:
- Excellent project management experience;
- Hands-on and results orientated events professional;
- Highly motivated and well organised;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Ability to identify and realise commercial opportunities;
- Financial management and sales skills;
- Ability to deal with partners at a senior level and ensure delivery of partnership commitments;
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to deliver results.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section of the HIA website, hia.com.au/about-us/careers-at-hia
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application by clicking on the link to apply before 13 July 2022.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to purchase up to two weeks annual leave per calendar year, salary sacrifice arrangements, study assistance program, paid maternity leave, and group insurance cover. Eligibility requirements apply.