- Mayfield West location
- Great opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Permanent role, full time role
The Housing Industry Association is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. Our primary role is to represent and advance the interests of our members. We are currently seeking to employ an Events & Partnership Coordinator to join our team based in our Hunter office.
As the Event & Partnership Coordinator, your primary role will be to coordinate & deliver an effective, profitable and professional events program throughout the Hunter region, including the prestigious HIA Housing Awards program, member information sessions and social events that meets the needs of HIA members, is aligned with HIA member engagement strategies and meets the budget promise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver a high quality Hunter Region events program that supports the HIA strategic plan at a national & regional levels
- Manage, promote and expand the Hunter Housing and Kitchen & Bathroom Awards
- Achieve defined and agreed targets (KPI’s) for the Hunter events programs including award entries, event attendee numbers, overall program expenditure, and gross profit for allocated events
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, assist in implementing an events communications strategy to ensure timely & effective promotion of the Hunter events program to HIA members and non-members including invitations, htmls, EDMs, webtiles, magazine articles and inserts, telemarketing, electronic circulations and website content
- In conjunction with the Executive Director establish, develop and maintain new event and corporate relationships and promote partnership opportunities for the region
- Proactively manage & nurture key partner relationships to ensure that agreed benefits and commitments are delivered by both parties
- Secure & grow Hunter Region partnership revenue in line with budget and agreed partnership development initiatives to ensure profitability of Hunter events and other partnership funded activities
- Responsible for ongoing financial management and monthly reporting of events program, including:
- Invoicing, receipting and CRM records
- Maintaining accurate and reliable accounts receivable and payable details
- Assist the Executive Director with the development of annual events budget
- Assist in the development, promotion and expansion of HIA’s Business Partners / Building Women programs
- To support the Hunter region office with administrative services as directed by the Executive Director
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director
To be successful, you will require:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven track record in managing & delivering quality events programs
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities, multi task, and meet deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm and level headed under pressure and remain professional at all times whilst representing HIA
- Motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated and the ability to work within a team environment
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining partnerships at a senior level and ensure delivery of partnership commitments
- Ability to identify and realise commercial opportunities
- Financial management and sales skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Experience with Events Air and virtual events platforms will be highly regarded
A full job description can be found in the Careers section on our website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles, HIA Telecommunications and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team please submit your application by 30 April 2021 by clicking on the link to apply.