- Macquarie Park location
- Friendly, supportive environment
- National organisation
The Housing Industry Association is Australia’s peak residential building industry body. We are currently seeking a Trainee Administration Assistant to support our Macquarie Park office.
This position is fixed term initially for 12 months and the successful applicant will be required to study towards a Certificate 3 in Business Administration.
The focus of this role is to provide general administrative support including reception, stationery sales, customer service, membership services and training administration.
- General office administration duties and assisting with member enquiries
- Undertake front Reception relief duties when required including answering inbound calls and walk in enquiries
- Support stationery sales team including taking orders and payments
- Assist with Invoicing and purchase orders as required
- Meeting room/ training room preparation as needed
- Recording and distributing minutes at meetings
- Updating relevant databases
- Preparing correspondence and reports as required
- Providing research assistance on projects as required
- At peak times provide support to the broader NSW region for events and training or as directed by RED / Deputy RED
We are seeking a person who enjoys working as part of a friendly team and would like to contribute to the smooth running of the office. Enthusiasm, excellent customer service and communication skills are required, as is attention to detail and effective time management. You will require basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and ideally have demonstrated experience in a customer service related position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in a supportive environment. The position may suit a school leaver or someone returning to the workforce.
A full job description can be found in the Careers section of the HIA website, hia.com.au.
HIA employees enjoy a variety of benefits including the option to salary sacrifice up to two weeks annual leave, study assistance program, paid maternity leave and group insurance cover. HIA employees are also able to access HIA member benefits such as HIA Vehicles and Corporate Health Insurance Plans.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application by clicking on the link and apply before 1 March 2021.